Monday, August 22, 2011

The Adventure Begins...

Name: Flora
Date: 8-22-11
Arrived: 7:30am
Breakfast: 7:45am, ate everything (oatmeal and chicken) but the blueberries (didn’t seem interested)
Snack 1: 10am until about 11:30, she snacked on cereal.
Nap 1: 9:30am-9:50am
Lunch: 12:00 (ate mostly everything except some green beans)
Nap 2: 1:30-2:15pm
Snack 2: snack bar, about 2:15pm
BM: approx. 10am, 2pm
Special notes: It is really fun to read with Flora! She is very attentive and turns the pages. During the walk, she rode in the backpack while I carried Samuel. We walked for 15-20 minutes. I tried putting her down after a walk and a book at about 9, but she wasn’t ready (cried for a minute or two), so she came back downstairs and read and played some more. She went down for a nap at about 9:20, cried for about 10 minutes, and fell asleep. I am enjoying all her ways of communicating, and it's cool to see her respond to certain words...she clearly understands what I am saying, which is amazing and really fun!

Name: Samuel
Date: 8-22-11
Arrived: 7:45am
Breakfast: 7:45am, ate all oatmeal and quite a bit of apple sauce. I finally stopped feeding him, even though he was still eating, because he had eaten a lot of food. He seemed content with that.
Snack 1: ----
Nap 1: 10:20am-
Lunch: 12:00 (ate tortilla, ¾ banana, and yogurt)
Nap 2: 2:45…but then I heard him talking at 3:10pm! Then he was quiet, so I figured he went to sleep, but I’m not sure he ever actually went to sleep…Jason went to get him at about 3:40 and he was awake…
Snack 2: ----
BM: none yet as of 3:45pm
Special notes: Samuel was generally happy today. He likes to observe Flora but sometimes wants what she wants. Flora is usually pretty good about letting him have things, but I know Samuel needs to learn to share as well. I had fun reading the book with mirrors to him. He would look in the mirror and then try to kiss it/eat it. It was hilarious. I have a feeling he will start walking soon because he keeps watching Flora with envy. :) He also kept repeating “apple” today, especially on our walk. Hehe
When I changed Samuel around 10 and again at 12, both times his urine soaked through his diaper, so I had to change his pants. The second time I just let him go around in his diaper for a while for lunch. The dirty pants are on his bedroom floor (let me know if there is a better place for these in the future).

A few things we did today: Read books, took a walk, played with toys and ball, listened to Chris Thile and Coldplay, danced a little bit, played in the water out back (Flora while Samuel was napping)

General Notes: Overall, a very good day. I think the kids are still getting used to each other, but they seem happy. They aren’t really playing together yet; just kind of doing their own thing at the same time. I am still figuring out how to take care of one while I need to do something for the other. I felt bad running Flora upstairs, shutting the door briefly, and then grabbing Sammy and running him upstairs, too. She didn't like being left alone, even for a few seconds. I think I am just going to have to open the gate first, then pick up both of them and go upstairs for naps, changing, etc. I am excited to take them out soon! I feel I need to take advantage of the good weather while it is still here... They both seem to love being outside, anyway, so it's a plus for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty great, Kim! Never would have thought this existed...
    Just a suggestion you could try for getting them both upstairs: Flora's pretty good at and enjoys climbing stairs, so you could carry Samuel and walk behind Flora as she climbs. It might take a little longer, but it would get the job done.

    ReplyDelete