Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011


Exploring the tent!!


"Helping" me build the Cozy Coup. :)

Name: Flora
Date: 8-30-11
Arrived: 7:05am
Breakfast: ate very little…just a few bites of oatmeal and a couple bites of watermelon
Snack 1: 10am, cereal
Nap 1: tried 9:25, no go. 10:20am-11:30am? She may have been up earlier and just chilling in the crib.
Lunch: noon, most of tortilla, all green beans, rest of watermelon from breakfast, a few grapes
Nap 2: Flora left with Grandma at 1:15.
Snack 2:
BM: 11:30pm
Special notes: Flora was hilarious this morning! Sammy got up a little late, so she had to wait while he ate breakfast, and she ran all around screaming and making happy noises. It was great. You’d never know she had a rough night. :) She usually does fine here with her bib, so that must be a power struggle with Mom and Dad to push limits I bet. She is beginning to test me out a little bit, though, as she did take her bib off today at lunch, but she was pretty much done eating already, so I just let her take it off and took her tray. Oh, and she was using some kind of signs at lunch to tell me she wanted a drink! She’s getting pretty good at communicating, and so it’s a lot of fun to interact with her. She does this thing where she puts her pointer finger to the side of her face or to the corner of her mouth, and I think that usually means water, though she also used it today for milk (which she inhaled today!). When she did the sign, I would move the water toward her and she would shake her head “no,” then I would move the milk toward her and she would grab it. Cool stuff.

Name: Samuel
Date: 8-30-11
Arrived: 7:45am
Breakfast: all oatmeal with blueberries, didn’t want cantaloupe so he ate a banana
Snack 1: ----
Nap 1: 10:20-11:55am
Lunch: noon, ate all of sweet potato, melon from breakfast, but he wouldn’t eat the meatloaf.
Nap 2: tried at 2:40 just to see since he was crabby, but didn’t work. Tried again at 3:25 for 20 minutes, then he finally went down a little after 4pm.
Snack 2: ----
BM: Ha, he had one right after I changed his diaper. :) I think that was about 9:30am or so.
Special notes: Samuel was really excited to climb the stairs this morning…he was fast! I didn’t see him pull on his ear anymore today, so hopefully he will be ok. It is fun to hear Samuel starting to try to say words. I think he is beginning to understand sounds and formation of lips. I do think that maybe he understands “bird.” His simplified version is simply “buh.” He seemed to enjoy the short rides in the Cozy Coup today…he was fascinated with looking down because he could see the ground in the bottom of the car! :) I had to leave him alone for a minute today while he was in the car on the back porch, and when I came back out, he had managed to get stuck under the car by trying to crawl out the bottom. I was in too much of a hurry to help him out, but it sure would have made a funny picture! :)

A few things we did today: Went for a walk around the neighborhood (they really enjoyed the cement truck!), listened to music and played percussion again, read a little (neither seemed too interested today), played in the tent (briefly…lost interest quickly…I think tomorrow I will fill the tent with blankets and fun stuff), played in the water (after being bored with the tent), stood by and played with Cozy Coup parts (Samuel)

General notes: Most of the notes for today are in Samuel and Flora’s “special notes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment