Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16, 2012

No Pics Today.

Name: Flora
Date: 4-16-12
Arrived: 7:05am
Breakfast: 7:10am, about 1/2 of French toast
Snack: No snack
Nap 1: ----
Lunch: 11:50am, almost all veggies, all applesauce, all blueberries, a little cheese, some hummus, the rest of French toast
Nap 2: 1:10pm-3:10pm
Snack 2: left before…
BM: 12:30pm
Special notes: Flora is counting a lot!!! Pretty cool. :)


Name: Samuel
Date: 4-16-12
Arrived: 7:30am
Breakfast: already ate
Snack: No snack
Nap 1: ----
Lunch: 11:50am, all muffin, all sweet potato, all cauliflower, about half of apples (with PB), the rest of the hummus
Nap 2: 1:10pm-3:10pm
Snack 2: 3:30pm, graham crackers
BM: not yet
Special notes: Andrea, I paid attention to the “Soooooo…” on the mouse book. You were right! (For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, Samuel is beginning to say words in books before we read them on the page. Pretty fun!)

A few things we did today: Played in the house, music, read books, went for a walk.

General notes: I decided to just stay home today, figuring the kids would be entertained enough by each other after not hanging out much for a week. They were both wonderful today! Only a couple minor squabbles here and there, lots of giggling. When they wanted the tunnel out today, I told them they had to help me clean up first, and they were both fantastic helpers! I’m sure it will be nice when they get older and the parents can pawn some of the chores off on them. :) hehe We also had a lovely walk just as the rain was ending this morning. The kids are still rather obsessed with “Apples and Bananas” and I noticed that Flora is now singing almost all of the lyrics. :)

If you were wondering about snack time in the morning, I have noticed that the kids have not been asking for their snacks as much, and they also don’t seem very hungry at lunch, so I decided to try skipping the morning snack. Neither one of them asked for any kind of food until 11:45am, and they both ate really healthy lunches, so if it is ok with the Ruthers (I already discussed this with Andrea), then I think I might continue the no-snack mornings unless the kids are asking and seem really hungry. Let me know! I didn’t blog last Thursday because I don’t usually blog on the last day of the work week, but I also tried this the Thursday before break and it seemed rather successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment