Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 29, 2012

No Pics Today.

It was a good day with the kids today! 

As a friend kindly pointed out to me...I've been a bit lazy with my posts lately.  Oops.  :)  Well, I'm going to try to post every day for the last 2 weeks here.  We'll see how that goes. 

Both kids did great today.  They were well-behaved, didn't fight much, and enjoyed just playing with each other.  Mondays (or Tuesday in this case) are usually better days as the kids seem to enjoy each others' company a bit more after not seeing each other for a couple days. 

Our biggest adventure today was heading to the library, where they kids played with the toys and puzzles and cars. 

We also stopped by the post office. 

Other than that, it was mostly playing around the house. 

We had an early lunch to try to avoid tantrums, which seemed to work better...not great, but better.  The kids both ate some lunch, but not all.  Lunch started at 10:45am, and the kids napped from about 12:30ish to 2:15ish. 

Both kids pooped around 8:45am.

A couple notes about Flora:  She fell down the stairs today.  I thought I was going to get by the entire year without a fall, but it finally happened.  It wasn't a bad fall (she's pretty graceful!) and it wasn't very far.  In fact, she barely even cried, and the crying that happened I think was simply from being startled, not because she was hurt.  She soon forgot and went back to playing.  Another note: she ducked as usual at the first sound of thunder this morning, but amazingly after that, she seemed ok with the thunder.  Maybe she is out-growing her fear.  I was pretty excited to see her unphased by the noise.  :)  Oh, I almost forgot: have you been working with her on holding writing utensils?  I noticed she was holding the crayon today pretty close to how it should be held!  Wow! 

I talked with Hueston Woods today to find out about paddle boat rentals.  The guy said they have life vests that fit young children, and he said kids usually really enjoy the paddle boats and don't tend to try to jump off or anything (unless their parents are jumping off with them to swim).  I had hoped to take them Friday (the rentals don't open until then), but the weather is looking bad for Friday as of now.  If the weather clears, that will probably be the plan for Friday.  Otherwise, I'll keep you posted on other ideas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment