Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 18, 2011

No Pics Today...friend borrowed camera.

Name: Flora

Date: 10-18-11

Arrived: 7:10am

Breakfast: 7:15am, most of oatmeal

Snack 1: 9:25, cereal and dried fruit

Nap 1: ----

Lunch: 11am, all grapes, most of broccoli, some of the pasta…she didn’t eat all that much. She said “more” but she still had a lot of food on her plate

Nap 2: 12-1pm

Snack 2: 3pm, bears and raisins

BM: 11:45am

Special notes: Flora started crying in the kitchen during the thunderstorm, we hung out on the back porch for a little bit and talked about the thunder during the storm. She didn’t seem as scared then, but she was still pretty clingy. Also, she was doing a sign at lunch that I couldn’t figure out! She wanted something, and she was kind of doing a seal-type motion with her arms, except her hands were pointed outward and her wrists were bent. It was really funny, but I wished I knew what she was trying to communicate! Any ideas?

Name: Samuel

Date: 10-18-11

Arrived: 7:20am

Breakfast: ate before coming

Snack 1: ----

Nap 1: ----

Lunch: 11am, some cantaloupe, some grapes, most of sweet potato, a little bit of veggie soup, all yogurt, most of broccoli

Nap 2: 12-1:35

Snack 2: 3pm, grapes

BM: 2:45

Special notes: Sam has been waving a lot at strangers! It’s great!

A few things we did today: we decided to get out of the house early, so we went for a walk early, then went to Kroger, then headed uptown to the park on High Street. It was actually a lot of fun…the kids loved it, and so did I! After that, we came home and just hung out for a little bit before lunch. After lunch, nap time, and then the kids just mostly hung out in the middle room the rest of the afternoon. Bubbles were included. :) Flora worked on alphabet, too, and we all went outside for a bit this afternoon.

General notes: The kids hopefully saw a few new things at the grocery store. The loved playing in the uptown park! They seem to be having more tiffs which each other, which I’m sure is normal at this age, and they are learning to work it out (hopefully).

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I am Flora's grandmother and Adriane's mom. I finally got signed up so I could tell you what a great job you are doing. It is so much fun to see the pictures and keep updated on the kids' days. I love your photos of Flora and Sam at the piano and also the video at JJs. Thanks so much for the extra effort. Did you hear that Flora rode a pony on Sat. at the Barn and Bunk? She really seemed to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! I'm glad I can help keep you connected a little more to your granddaughter. I'll have to keep that in mind and try to give as much detail as possible, and keep posting pictures. Sometimes I lose motivation, but knowing that others are enjoying it is enough to keep me posting. :) And no, I did not hear about Flora's pony ride...she must have LOVED that!!

    ReplyDelete