Friday, October 7, 2011

October 7, 2011

No Pics Today. Sorry! I had a couple yesterday, but the camera is packed up now, so I might post them Monday.

Name: Flora
Date: 10-7-11
Arrived: 7:05am
Breakfast: 7:15am, some cereal, some milk, and then she wanted some bread I was giving Samuel, so we shared.
Snack 1: 9:30am, cereal with dried fruit
Nap 1: ----
Lunch: 11:15, all edamame, most of pizza, all grapes
Nap 2: 12:25-1:35
Snack 2: 3:00, cereal
BM: 11:55
Special notes: Have you been working at all with Flora for a sign for banana? I may have shown them a couple times, but she seems to have adapted it to her own sign, which is holding up both pointer fingers and shaking her hands back and forth.

Name: Samuel
Date: 10-7-11
Arrived: 7:15am
Breakfast: 7:15am, eggs with fish oil and cheese, a cracker, and bread (he didn’t want pineapple)
Snack 1: ----
Nap 1: 10:40-12:05
Lunch: 12:15, grapes and cheese, a couple bites of melon and potato, all pasta, all carrots (with PB, of course)
Nap 2: still trying, now 4:15
Snack 2: 3:00, a little potato and pineapple from breakfast
BM: 3:30pm
Special notes: Samuel really seemed to enjoy the fish in the pet department at Meijer. One of these days I may take the kids to a pet shop. Also tried finger painting with him, but I figured if Flora didn’t get into it, then Samuel definitely wouldn’t. The first couple seconds I thought he was really going to dig it, but then he didn’t…dig it, that is. Oh well.

A few things we did today: we took a trip to Meijer to get a few things along with some finger paints and balloons, and while we were down in Hamilton, we visited Jason at the YMCA. It was a nice morning of getting out and a bout, Flora tried finger paints with me…but that lasted about 2 seconds then she clearly showed me she didn’t enjoy it…a little disappointing, but I’ll save them for when she’s a little older, played with balloons,

General notes: While one or the other was asleep, I got out a balloon and blew it up and did the different things that you can do with a balloon: made it squeak, blew air on them, let it go and fly all over the room, and then tied it and let them play. It was fun seeing their different reactions. I don’t think either one of them liked the air in the face, and I think Sam was afraid of it flying around the room. I hope Sammy isn’t scared of balloons now…oops…I definitely didn’t pop any, though. That surely would have done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment