Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011

Name: Flora
Date: 11-21-11
Arrived: 7:10am
Breakfast: 7:15am, a little over half of oatmeal
Snack 1: 10am, cereal and dried fruit
Nap 1: ----
Lunch: 12pm, half of grapes, most of yogurt and granola, most cheese, about half carrots, about half pasta
Nap 2: 1:05-2:25
Snack 2: 2:55pm, crackers, cookies, and raisins
BM: 2:30pm
Special notes: Just making note on the fact that Flora is really good about sharing and is often very thoughtful. Such a sweet spirit! One example from today: Sammy spilled some of his raisins from this snack trap, and instead of eating them, Flora picked them up and tried to put them back into Sammy’s snack trap!

Name: Samuel
Date: 11-21-11
Arrived: 7:30am
Breakfast: already ate
Snack 1: 10am, raisins
Nap 1: ----
Lunch: 12pm, didn’t want sweet potato or mashed potatoes, he went nuts about Flora’s yogurt so I gave him one and he ate all of it, most green beans (with PB), all pineapple, a little turkey, and he really wanted bread but I decided not to give him any since he had enough at breakfast
Nap 2: 1pm-2:40
Snack 2: 2:55pm, cracker and raisins
BM: 12:30pm
Special notes: Sammy is really into somersaults right now! It’s really funny. He also looked at my pen today and said “peeh”. It was the light up pen, so I retracted the ink and gave it to him. Well, later he figured out how to get the ink out and was drawing on the couch! Luckily I caught him pretty early, but there is still a little ink on the couch. I wanted to wait and ask you guys what to use on the leather couches to clean it before I used something that hurt the couch even more. So, let me know what to use and I will clean it. Thanks! :)

Also, I’m sure you will notice the large bruise on his face. Poor guy hit his face on the heater in the middle room. I tried to put ice on it, but he didn’t seem to want it. He didn’t cry too long, but I could tell it was painful…I felt bad about it.

A few things we did today: It was a pretty dreary day. We spent all day in the house, which actually wasn’t too bad. We did some of the usual stuff; got out the big tunnel, listened to music, read a lot of books, played just a little on piano, etc. We tried finger paints one more time: that was a no-go again. I’ll put them away and try again in a couple months maybe. After Flora left, Sammy was ready to go out, so we took a brief trip to Wal-Mart, where we ran into my friend Sue and also said hi to Em in the electronics department. I am realizing with the weather turning bad, I need to start finding more places like the Tri and Millet so we can get out of the house and be active during the day sometimes. Otherwise, it’s going to be a looooong winter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment